This cauliflower potato nourish bowl combines Indian flavors with a simple salad to create a delicious, savory, and nutrient-dense bowl.
Cauliflower Potato (Aloo Gobi)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1/4 cup water
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 2 cups red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups lettuce
- 1 cup cilantro
- wedges of lime
To Make the Aloo Gobi
- Melt oil or ghee in a large pan.
- Add onions and cook on medium-low heat until translucent.
- Add cumin, turmeric, paprika, salt, and cook for a few minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower.
- Gently toss with onions and spices to coat all of the ingredients.
- Add the water, cover the pan, and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. It usually takes 35-45 minutes.
To Assemble the Bowl
- Divide the lettuce between the bowls. Top each bowl with the aloo gobi, cucumber, red cabbage, cilantro.
- Drizzle each bowl with lemon, sea salt, and cracked black pepper.
Keywords: buddha bowl