A vibrant, beautiful, and easy-to-make salad! This citrus avocado salad is not only gorgeous but also exploding with flavor and seasonal fruit and loads of goodness. Made with a mix of citrus fruit, creamy avocado, crunchy pistachio, and fresh mint leaves, this refreshing salad comes together in minutes!
Citrus Avocado Salad
I've been obsessed with citrus fruit this season, especially
How to Make the Perfect Citrus Avocado Salad
While this salad is pretty easy to make, I love to add a little attention to the details on this one. Here are some tips on how to make the perfect citrus avocado salad:
- When picking an avocado, make sure you can gently press into the stem end of the avocado. This is how you know it's perfectly ripened. If it's firm, it's not ready to be enjoyed.
- Use a variety of fresh citrus fruit. Since the citrus is the star of the fruit, be sure to use at least a couple different fruits for a flavor and variety. My personal favorite is blood orange,
cara caraorange, or grapefruit.
- Fresh mint makes a difference in flavor!
How to Customize Your Avocado Citrus Salad
What I love most about this salad is just how simple it truly is with a handful of ingredients. But there are so many ways you can customize it and elevate the flavor of this avocado citrus salad. Here are some of my favorites:
- Roasted beet - roast some beets, slice them up (, and add them to the mix. Prep them in advance or day of. And if you don't have a desire to roast beets but still want to enjoy them, most grocery stores carry freshly roasted beets these days!
- Roasted Nuts - while I made this avocado citrus salad with roasted pistachios, roasted chopped or sliced almonds or hazelnuts taste just as great when you're in a pinch!
- Fresh greens - you just can't go wrong with a handful or two of fresh greens. I love massaged kale (thinly sliced kale massaged with extra-virgin olive oil for a minute until tender and shiny).
- Fresh herbs - while I use fresh mint in this recipe, fresh basil, tastes delicious as well!
- Add more veggies - thinly sliced red onion adds a delicious flavor to this salad. Sliced cucumber makes for another refreshing addition.
- Dressing - while this salad calls for a delicious and tangy lemon vinaigrette, I also enjoy eating this salad with a balsamic vinaigrette!
- Goat cheese - if you're vegan, skip this one! If you do eat cheese, fresh goat cheese makes a delicious and adds a savory flavor to this salad.
These are just a few of the ways I love to customize the flavor of this simple avocado citrus salad. There are no limits on how creative you can get!
For More Salad Recipes, Check Out:
- Italian Potato Salad
- Kale Citrus Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Apple Spinach Salad
- Arugula Persimmon Salad
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cara cara orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup roasted pistachio, roughly chopped
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup lemon vinaigrette
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. On a plate or bowl, place the pieces of citrus fruit and avocado. Sprinkle with pistachio. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. Gently combine or enjoy as is.