This creamy cauliflower soup is a delicious dairy-free staple any time of the year, but especially during the cooler months of the year. It’s velvety, smooth, comforting, so easy to make, and packed with flavor. The added nutrition and fiber make it the perfect addition to your meal or delicious enough to enjoy alone as a light meal.
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2–4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh thyme
- extra-virgin olive oil
- thinly sliced green onions or chives
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add cauliflower florets, vegetable broth (or water), milk, and salt.
- Cover and simmer until the cauliflower florets are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Add the rinsed cashews and cook for 2 more minutes
- Carefully transfer the soup into a blender and puree until it’s smooth and creamy. You may need to work in smaller batches depending on the size of your blender.
- Once pureed, taste and adjust the salt and pepper accordingly.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish.
Keywords: cauliflower soup, creamy cauliflower soup, dairy-free soup, cauliflower, soup