This creamy cauliflower soup is a delicious dairy-free staple any time of the year, but especially during the cooler months of the year. It’s velvety, smooth, comforting, so easy to make, and packed with flavor. The added nutrition and fiber make it the perfect addition to your meal or delicious enough to enjoy alone as a light meal.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, cilantro, parsley, chives)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower florets, vegetable broth, milk, and salt.
- Cover and simmer until the cauliflower florets are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the cashews. Add to the mixture and turn off heat.
- Carefully transfer the cooked ingredients into a blender and puree until it’s smooth and creamy. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to process until smooth.
- Transfer soup back into the pot and adjust seasoning, if needed. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish, and serve.
Add more vegetable broth if the soup is too thick. You may need to adjust seasoning.
Keywords: creamy cauliflower soup