Make this refreshing heirloom tomato salad for your next lunch, BBQ, potluck, or summer picnic! Made with juicy heirloom tomatoes tossed in a delicious vinaigrette, serve this summer salad with slices of toasted baguette!
- 2 lbs heirloom tomatoes (about 4 heirloom tomatoes)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes or heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil leaves
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, corn, and fresh herbs. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss.
Don’t add the dressing until you’re ready to serve the salad to prevent the greens from getting soggy. Or skip the greens altogether!
In my experience, tomatoes taste the best within a few days of purchasing. I don’t store them in the fridge as they tend to get fleshy and lose their juicy sweet flavor.
Keywords: heirloom tomato salad