Using dried chickpeas is so much more affordable than buying canned chickpeas. It also doesn’t contain any preservatives or chemicals you don’t want in your body.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 4 cups water
- If you’d like to first sprout the chickpeas, combine the dried chickpeas with 3-4 cups of water in a large bowl. Let them soak overnight or for at least 8 hours. The chickpeas will expand in size as they absorb the water. Rinse them well with water and drain. If you’re in a hurry and don’t have to the time to do so, skip to the next step!
- Pour the chickpeas into the Instant Pot and add 4 cups of water.
- Close the Instant Pot and plug it in. Hit the “Pressure Cooking” setting and set the timer for 15 minutes if you soaked them (or else 30 minutes if you didn’t soak them).
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking the chickpeas, let the pressure release on its own. Once the pressure releases, open the Instant Pot and drain the chickpeas (I suggest letting them cool for a bit so you don’t hurt yourself).
- The chickpeas are now ready to use in whatever recipe you’d like!
Keywords: Instant Pot, Chickpeas, Dried Chickpeas, Garbanzo Beans, Instant Pot Recipes, Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker Recipes, How to Cook Chickpeas,