Using dried chickpeas is so much more affordable than buying canned chickpeas. It also doesn’t contain any preservatives or chemicals you don’t want in your body.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 4 cups water (for cooking)
- If you’d like to soak the chickpeas, combine the dried chickpeas with 3 cups of water in a large bowl. Soak overnight or at least 8 hours. Rinse with water and drain. If you don’t want to soak them beforehand, skip this step.
- Pour the chickpeas into the Instant Pot and add 4 cups of water.
- Lock Instant Pot lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 15 minutes on High Pressure. If you didn’t soak them, cook for 30 minutes on High Pressure.
- Press Cancel and release the steam naturally for 10 minutes before quick-releasing the pressure. Once the floating valve in the lid drops, it’s safe to remove the lid.
- Carefully open the lid and let the chickpeas cool down before draining the water. Use the cooked chickpeas or store for later.
Keywords: Instant Pot, Chickpeas, Dried Chickpeas, Garbanzo Beans, Instant Pot Recipes, Pressure Cooker, Pressure Cooker Recipes, How to Cook Chickpeas,