Delicious and easy homemade Instant Pot Apple Butter! This simple recipe requires only a handful of ingredients and a few minutes of prep time. Slather it on your toast or use it in your favorite Fall recipes!
- 2 lbs apples (about 6 apples)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extra
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Rinse and dice the apples. Leave the skin on and be sure to remove the core.
- In the Instant Pot insert, add water, diced apples, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Stir and close the lid of the Instant Pot.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once completed, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Quick-release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Cool down the mixture and transfer to a blender. Process until smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the Instant Pot insert and leave the lid off. Press the “Sautee” button and adjust level to “Less”. Carefully* stir mixture for about 10-15 minutes until it thickens to desired consistency. Turn off and let apple butter cool completely. Serve or store for later.
*I recommend using gloves as the mixture is hot and may splash.
Note: I’ve tested this recipe on both my Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart and Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart with great results. However, you may need to make adjustments based on the size, model, and brand of your pressure cooker.
Keywords: instant pot apple butter