Learn how to make perfectly fluffy, tender, and fragrant Basmati rice in the Instant Pot every single time with this quick and easy recipe!
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/2 tablespoon butter (or oil)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice and water. Be sure to cover the rice with water by an inch as the rice will absorb and plump up slightly.
- Drain the rice in a mesh sieve and rinse under cool water until it runs clear, running your fingers through the rice. This will take a couple of minutes.
- Select the “Saute” button on the Instant Pot and add rice and butter (or oil). Sautee the rice for 3 minutes, stirring frequently, before pouring in the water. Turn off.
- Close the lid of the pressure cooker. Set the valve to “sealing” and start the pressure cooker on “High” for 5 minutes. Once completed, let the pressure naturally release for another 5 minutes before quick-releasing the remaining pressure. Carefully open the lid.
- Using a fork, gently fluff the rice. Scoop out and serve or store for later.
I’ve tested this recipe on both my Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart and Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart with great results. However, you may need to tweak how long you cook the Basmati rice based on the size, model, and brand of your pressure cooker.
Keywords: Basmati Rice Instant Pot