Beets can easily be made in the Instant Pot! Pressure cooked beets are perfect for snacking, smoothies, appetizers, spiralizing, salad, bowls, and so much more.
- 6 small beets or 3 large beets
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teapsoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Rinse the beets and trim the stems and roots.
- Place the trivet in the Instant Pot and add the water. Carefully place the beets on the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Once completed, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Quick-release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. If you can easily insert a fork or the tip of a knife into the beet, it’s done. Carefully remove the beets and place in a bowl to cool.
- On a cutting board, slice off the ends and remove the peel – it will slide off.* Cut the beets as desired.
Pro-tip: use gloves to prevent your hands from staining!
Keywords: Instant Pot Beets