Learn how to cook perfect broccoli every time with your pressure cooker! This Instant Pot Broccoli is a quick and tasty side dish to round out your dinner.
- 1 medium head broccoli (about 2–3 cups of broccoli florets)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut the broccoli into large florets, keeping them about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the stainless steel insert of the Instant Pot before placing the steamer basket inside. Then, carefully arrange the broccoli florets onto the steamer basket.
- Cook on High Pressure for 0 minutes.
- Once the pressure cooker reaches pressure, immediately quick release the pressure and remove the lid.*
- Once the broccoli has cooled down and the steamer basket is safe to handle, remove it from the Instant Pot.
- In a separate bowl, drizzle cooked broccoli florets with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs.
*It’s extremely important to release pressure immediately (as soon as your Instant Pot beeps after coming to pressure), otherwise you’ll end up with mushy broccoli.
I use this steamer basket as it’s adaptable to a variety of different sized pots. I especially love how easy it is to grab the handle.
I’ve tested this recipe on both my Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart and Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart with great results. However, you may need to tweak how long you cook the broccoli based on preference, the size, model, and brand of your pressure cooker.
Keywords: instant pot broccoli