This Instant Pot butternut squash soup is seriously the best I’ve ever had! It’s super creamy (without the cream), delicious, easy to make. Make it fresh the day of serving or include it in weekly meal preps!
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups water or vegetable stock
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Press the “Sautee” button on the Instant Pot and warm oil. Add onions and garlic. Stir well and cook for about 5 minutes until the onions become fragrant and start to appear translucent.
- Add the apple and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the butternut squash and carefully stir all of the ingredients. Add the coconut milk, water, sage, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Cook the soup. Set the Instant Pot to “Pressure Cooker” for 10 minutes and close the lid. Be sure the valve is set.
- Once the Instant Pot turns off, let the pressure release on its own for about 10 minutes. If there’s any pressure left, carefully release it using the quick release valve. Carefully open the lid.
- Either using an immersion blender or using your blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
Keywords: instant pot butternut squash soup, pressure cooker