The humble cabbage is one of the most versatile vegetables. Pair it with a pressure cooker and you have a quick and delicious side dish! This Instant Pot Cabbage recipe is vegan, easy to make, and perfect for meal prep!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium head green or red cabbage
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the cabbage. Remove all the outer leaves from the cabbage and rinse with water. Cut the cabbage in half. Slice each half into quarters. Using a sharp knife, removing the core from the wedges. Chop each quarter into 1-inch pieces.
- Set pressure cooker to Sauté on Normal and heat oil in the inner steel pot of the pressure cooker. Add the garlic; sauté until garlic starts to become fragrant, stirring occasionally, about 1 minute. Press Cancel.
- Add the cabbage and water to the pressure cooker.
- Lock pressure cooker lid in place and set steam vent to Sealing. Select Pressure Cook (Manual) and cook for 5 minutes on High Pressure.
- Carefully quick-release the steam and remove the lid.
- Season with salt and pepper before serving.
If you’d like to turn this dish into an Instant Pot Cabbage soup, just double the water or broth! You may need to adjust the seasoning accordingly.
Keywords: instant pot cabbage