These Instant Pot carrots make a delicious vegetable side dish for an everyday meal or holiday meal. They take only 15 minutes to make, have a fresh, naturally sweet taste and require only a few ingredients and minimal seasoning.
- 1 lb carrots
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: fresh herbs (parsley, chives, cilantro)
- Rinse and peel the carrots. Slice off the ends and slice diagonally.
- Add water to the Instant Pot and arrange carrots.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 2 minutes. Once completed carefully quick release the steam, remove the lid, and drain the carrots.
- In a separate bowl, toss the carrots with extra-virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh herbs (if using). Serve and enjoy!
While this dish calls for sliced carrots, baby carrots are another great option. If you have a steamer basket, feel free to use it.
If you prefer softer carrots, I suggest cooking on high pressure for 3 minutes instead. If you prefer crisper carrots, cook for 1 minute instead.
Keywords: Instant Pot Carrots