Learn how to make perfect hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot every time with the easiest method! These Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are quick, convenient to prepare, and even easier to peel!
- 1 cup water
- 6–12 eggs
- Pour 1 cup of water into the insert of the Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside the insert and carefully place the eggs on there.
- Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on low pressure* for 5 minutes. While your eggs are cooking, start preparing an ice bath.
- Once completed, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 5 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Quick-release any remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Open the lid and carefully transfer the eggs into an ice bath large enough to fit the eggs. Wait for 5 minutes before removing the eggs.
- Peel each egg. Enjoy or store for later.
* Prevent your eggs from possibly cracking by using low pressure. If you don’t have the low pressure option on your device, high pressure works as well.
Note: I’ve tested this recipe on both my Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart and Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart with great results. However, you may need to tweak how long you cook the eggs based on the size, model, and brand of your pressure cooker.
Keywords: instant pot hard boiled eggs