A quick step-by-step tutorial on how to cook the perfect Instant Pot quinoa every single time. While it still takes about the same amount of time as cooking quinoa on a stovetop, using an Instant Pot (or any other pressure cooker) instead makes this method very hands-off.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse the quinoa under cool running water in a mesh sieve, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, salt, and water (or vegetable stock) to the Instant Pot. Close the lid and select HIGH pressure for 1 minute and hit Start.
- When the time is up, allow for a natural pressure release for 15 minutes. Remove any remaining pressure and unlock the lid.
- Using a fork, fluff the perfectly cooked quinoa. Serve immediately or store for future use.
Note that it will take about 10 minutes for the pressure to build up. This time is included in the cook time.
Keywords: pressure cooker quinoa, instant pot quinoa, how to make quinoa in the instant pot