Learn how to make perfect sushi rice in the Instant Pot every time with this simple, fail-proof recipe! Use for sushi rolls and bowls.
- 1 cup Japanese short grain white rice
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Rinse the sushi rice in a fine mesh strainer under cool running water for a few minutes. Drain well.
- In the insert of the Instant Pot, combine the water and sushi rice. Close the Instant Pot lid, set the valve on “sealing”, and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Once completed, turn off the Instant Pot and wait 10 minutes to naturally release the pressure. Quick-release any remaining pressure* and remove the lid.
- Using a fork, fluff the perfectly cooked sushi rice. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl or in a small saucepan, combine the white wine vinegar, rice vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt. Mix until the salt and sugar are dissolved. Microwave for 15 seconds, if needed.
- Pour over the bowl of cooked sushi rice and gently mix to combine. Use the sushi rice to make sushi rolls or a sushi bowl.
I’ve tested this recipe on both my Instant Pot Duo Mini 3-Quart and Instant Pot DUO 6-Quart with great results. However, you may need to tweak how long you cook the Instant Pot sushi rice based on preference, the size, model, and brand of your pressure cooker.
Keywords: instant pot jasmine rice