This kale citrus salad is delicious, flavorful, tangy, sweet, and so easy to make. It comes together in less than 15 minutes and is made with kale, citrus, almonds, onions, avocado, and jalapeno. Make it for a meal at home or for work the next day!
- 1 bunch kale, destemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 citrus fruit (i.e. caracara orange or blood orange), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onions, thinly sliced or finely diced
- 1/4 cup pomegranate or dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil (for massaging the kale)
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- In a large mixing bowl, massage the kale with olive oil and lemon juice until tender, for about a minute or two.
- Add the avocado, jalapeno, citrus fruit, almonds, onions, pomegranate (or cranberries). Drizzle with the Balsamic Vinaigrette and toss gently. Serve immediately.
Keywords: kale citrus salad, citrus kale salad, kale salad with citrus