Want to make a refreshing matcha bubble tea at home? It’s simple, cheaper, and healthier. Learn everything you need to know to make this delicious, creamy, and simple bubble tea recipe at home in minutes!
Matcha Green Tea
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup tapioca pearls
- 4 cups water
- 1–2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 cup ice
- Prepare the matcha tea: In a small bowl, whisk the matcha green tea powder with hot water. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Cook the tapioca pearls: Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the tapioca pearls to the water and stir until the pearls start to float to the top. Continue cooking them for the amount of time indicated on the packaging. Turn off the heat and carefully drain the boba. Pour the cooked boba into a bowl.
- Sweeten the tapioca pearls: Add sweetener and stir the tapioca pearls. Let the pearls sit for about 5 minutes, allowing them to absorb the sweetener, stirring it a few times.
- Assemble your drinks: Divide the pearls between two glasses. Top each with ice and pour nut milk. Finally, pour the matcha green tea to create a beautiful drink. Stir and enjoy.
Don’t have a whisk? No problem! Just combine the matcha green tea, water in a blender and process until well combined. Pour over cooked and sweetened tapioca pearls and serve.
Keywords: matcha bubble tea