Oat milk is delicious, creamy, and perfect for smoothies, lattes, and more! Make it at home with this quick and easy 3-ingredient step-by-step recipe. Made with rolled oats, water, and a pinch of salt, it takes less than 5 minutes to make!
- 1 cup old-fashion rolled oats
- 4 cups cold water
- Pinch of sea salt
- In a medium bowl, cover the rolled oats in water (about 2 cups of water). Stir and let it sit for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Drain the oats and rinse with cool water.
- Combine oats, water, and salt in a blender. Process for no more than 1 minute (only 30 seconds if you have a high-speed blender).
- Pour the mixture into a bowl through a nut milk bag, double layers of cheesecloth, or a fine sieve.
- Pour the milk into a glass container to use or store for later
- If you’d like, pour the strained milk back into your blender so it’s easy to pour into a jar or glass.
- Store the oat milk in an air-tight glass bottle for 3-5 days.
Keywords: oat milk recipe