Making overnight steel cut oats is a quick and easy way of making a delicious and filling vegan breakfast. Made with steel cut oats, nut milk, salt, and water. It just requires 5 minutes of your time right before you go to sleep and another 5 minutes in the morning.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- pinch of salt
Additional Toppings (Optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup fresh berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In a small pot, bring water to a boil the night before. As soon as the water comes to a boil, add the oats, salt, and stir.
- Immediately turn off the heat and cover the pot. Let it sit overnight.
- In the morning, mix the oats and warm on medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and any other ingredients you’d like to. Serve and enjoy.
Keywords: steel cut overnight oats recipe