This shaved Brussels sprouts salad has a sweet and savory crunch to it. You’ll especially love this salad if you’re an existing fan of brussels sprouts, but even if you’re not, you just might be pleasantly surprised!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, washed and dried
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, parsley, maple syrup, salt, and pepper until well combined. Set aside and prepare the salad.
- If you have a food processor with a slicing blade, use the fine blade to process the brussels sprouts. This is the easiest method of making this salad as most of your work will be done in less than a minute. If you don’t have a food processor, thinly slice each brussel sprout.
- In a large bowl, combine the brussels sprouts, apple, shallots, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Pour the dressing over the salad. Gently toss to combine coat the ingredients with the dressing.
Keywords: shaved brussels sprouts salad, brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts salad, healthy salad, salad