This shaved Brussels sprouts salad has a sweet and savory crunch to it. You’ll especially love this salad if you’re an existing fan of brussels sprouts, but even if you’re not, you just might be pleasantly surprised!
- 4 cups brussels sprouts, washed and dried
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, parsley, maple syrup, salt, and pepper. Set aside and prepare the salad.
- If you have a food processor with a slicing blade, use the fine blade to process the brussels sprouts. This is the easiest method of making this salad as most of your work will be done in less than a minute. If you don’t have a food processor, thinly slice each brussel sprout.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced brussels sprouts, thinly sliced apples, walnuts, and cranberries.
- Add the dressing. Gently toss to coat the ingredients with the dressing. Adjust salt and pepper as needed.
Keywords: shaved brussels sprouts salad, brussels sprouts, brussels sprouts salad, healthy salad, salad