Creamy turmeric latte, also known as golden milk or turmeric milk, is a delicious warming Indian beverage. Made with turmeric and hints of warming spices, you’ll love this simple recipe with a handful of ingredients!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated, or 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- Dried rose petals
- Ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, whisk milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer the mixture for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and add sweetener, if using.
- Using a strainer, divide the turmeric milk into two cups.*
*To create a frothy beverage, use a milk frother or pour the mixture into a blender and blend until frothy. Note that turmeric will stain your blender, so immediately rinse it with soap and warm water.
Substitute honey with maple syrup or another sweetener , if vegan.
Keywords: turmeric latte recipe