A delicious warming beverage made with turmeric, nut milk, cinnamon, and other Indian spices. A great alternative to coffee and other caffeinated beverages.
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, grated
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or any other sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle boil, lower heat, and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Strain through a fine sieve into cups.
- To create a frothy texture, either use a milk frother or pour the mixture into a blender. Blend for about 15 seconds and pour back into cups.
I love to top my turmeric latte with a sprinkle of ground cinnamon or dried rose petals!
Turmeric will stain your blender, so immediately wash it out with soap. Ideally, you want to use a blender with a glass jar that won’t stain.
Keywords: turmeric latte recipe