Effective Date: October 1, 2016.
1.2. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience Site intended for individuals 18 or older. We do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age as defined in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information we have for that individual. If you are aware of such a person, please contact us immediately using the contact option on the Site.
2. Information collection practices
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
(1) Categories of Personally Identifiable Information. We collect personally identifiable information from you when you sign up to receive an eBook and/or email messages from us as follows:
- A first name you provide, and
- An email address you provide.
We do not share your information with any third parties who will directly market to you. We do share said information with third parties who assist in the running of the Site [hosts, email processing, etc.], however, they do not use or disclose your information for marketing purposes.
(2) Modification or Removal Process. If you wish to remove or modify any of your personally identifiable information, you can click the “opt out” link in any email or contact us to make the request using the Contact page on the Site.
(4) Effective Date: The effective date shall be October 1, 2016.
(5) Do Not Track Signals. Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, as amended on January 1, 2014, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
(6) Third Party Cumulative Tracking: Washington law requires us to disclose to you whether third parties can acquire and track your personally identifiable information through our website. Google, Facebook, Instagram, Disqus, AddThis and Twitter can track you through this Site as we use their services for social media and internal tracking purposes. Google participates in the NIA opt out program. You can visit this link[http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/#completed] to view all companies including Google that track you and choose to no longer be tracked. You can visit the privacy policies for the sites and services mention above to read their specific information collection, storage and use practices by clicking the following:
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/
- Instagram http://instagram.com/about/legal/privacy/
- Pinterest https://about.pinterest.com/en/privacy-policy
- Twitter https://twitter.com/privacy
You can use programs such as Privacy Badger https://www.eff.org/privacybadger to further control the collection of information regarding you online.
(7) California Eraser Law. Individuals under 18 years of age are prohibited from interacting with the Site. Nonetheless, if an individual under age 18 has posted a blog comment or provided content in some other manner and wishes their information to be removed pursuant to the dictates of the “California Eraser Law”, please contact us using the “Contact Us” link located in the left column of the Site.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous aggregate “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
3. Use and sharing of information
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis. Your personal information will not be detailed in this aggregate data.
(c) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(d) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our Company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(e) COPYRIGHT/DMCA DISCLOSURE. We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in relation to copyright claims. Should you make a copyright infringement claim or be accused of posting copyrighted material without permission of the copyright holder, we may release your personally identifiable information to the other party in the dispute as part of the DMCA compliance process. Should the copyright holder seek a subpoena pursuant to the DMCA, we will be forced as a matter of law to reveal all personal information we have for the user named in the subpoena.
The Site has reasonable security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. Site areas beyond company’s control
5.1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
The Site includes interactive sections such as forums, blogs and commenting areas where users can upload information. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
5.2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
6. Advertising Privacy Statement
This Site is affiliated with AdThrive, LLC (“AdThrive”) for the purposes of placing advertising on the Site. AdThrive uses standard and widely-available tools for the placement and serving of ads, including those provided by Google, Inc. and its affiliates. We publish interest-based advertisements on the Site; that is, ads that are tailored to reflect your interests. To help understand your interests, AdThrive, Google and our other advertising partners will track your behaviour on our website and on other websites across the Internet using cookies.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
For European Economic Area Residents
If you reside in a country in the European Economic Area (EEA), then under the GDPR and applicable data protection laws you have the rights, among other things, to access your personal data, have us erase it, and/or restrict its further processing. If you wish to access or delete your personal data (if any) maintained by us or AdThrive related to advertising on the Site, you can contact us at [email protected] and contact AdThrive at [email protected]. If you wish to see a list of the advertising partners we work with or change which of those partners track your behavior using cookies, click the ad preferences link at the bottom of the site. (Available in the EU.)
For California Residents
California law gives residents the right to opt out of the “sale” of their personal information to third parties, including for advertising purposes. Under California law, the sharing of your information with a service provider for advertising purposes could be considered a “sale.” To opt out of the sharing of your information for advertising information, click the opt out link provided in the footer of this page. You also have the right to request from us the categories of personal information that we have shared and the categories of third parties to whom the information was provided. To make such a request, please contact us at [email protected]. To be clear we do not share your name, contact information, or any other sensitive information with third parties, and the categories of third parties that we share information with for advertising purposes are supply side platforms, programmatic advertising exchanges, and demand side platforms.
6. Contact information and policy updates
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel contact us using the Contact link at the top of the site.