These almond flour chocolate chip cookies are delicious, perfectly sweetened, chewy, and insanely delicious! Satisfy your sweet tooth with these easy-to-make 8-ingredient cookies – all in less than 30 minutes!
I love chocolate chip cookies (and cookie dough!), especially when they are chewy and tender. Growing up, I remember my dad would always buy these soft chocolate chip (and sugar) cookies for me. I have fond memories of enjoying them with a tall glass of cold milk. These cookies are reminiscent of those childhood cookies, but a much healthier version!
Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
What I really love about these cookies are that they are:
- So easy to make! Rest assured, you don’t need to be a baker to make these or even have any baking experience. These cookies are simple, straightforward, and fail-proof.
- They are made with almond flour and sweetened with maple syrup.
- The best part – these cookies are filling and satisfying. Enjoy on its own or with a glass of almond milk. They taste great warm, right out of the oven, or the day after.
- What I especially love is that unlike some of the other “healthier” cookies I’ve tried out there, these don’t get hard the next day. They are still tender and chewy!
Can you Make Cookies with Almond Flour?
Yes, you can! Almond flour makes a delicious substitute to all-purpose flour and adds more nutrition to the cookie.
Blanched Almond Flour vs Almond Meal
So which one should you use? Either! I used blanched almond flour in this recipe but it will taste great with almond meal as well. The texture will be more cake-like but still delicious!
How to Make Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
You only need 8 ingredients to make these delicious cookies, most of which are probably already hanging out in your kitchen pantry!
- blanched almond flour
- semi-sweet chocolate chips or a chopped chocolate bar
- maple syrup
- melted coconut oil
- almond milk
- vanilla extract
- baking soda
- sea salt
And that’s all you need to make this delicious almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe! Start by preheating the oven to 350°F. In the meantime, line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper so it’s ready to go.
While the oven is preheating, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda in a medium bowl. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extra, almond milk, maple syrup, and mix until smooth. Next, gently fold in the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips).
Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, scoop the dough to form about 6 balls and place on the baking sheet. Gently flatten each. Bake the cookies for 13 minutes, until golden around the edges.
Remove the chocolate chip cookies from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. Enjoy or store at room temperate for later!
Cookie Tips + Notes
- Right before you’re about to put the cookies in the oven, press a few additional pieces of chocolate in the cookies to give it a more delectable look to them!
- Note that the ingredients used in this recipe are pretty nutrient-dense. For that reason, this will make a smaller batch of 6 small cookies. One cookie will leave you feeling satisfied!
- On that note, feel free to double it if you need to make a bigger batch of cookies. I personally prefer to bake smaller batches of cookies so I can enjoy them without going overboard!
- Store the baked chocolate chip cookies in an air-tight glass container at room temperature for up to a week (but I highly doubt they will make it that without being eaten up! They are just that good!)
- Freeze the baked cookies by placing them on a baking sheet. Freeze until they are solid and then transfer them to a freezer-friendly container. Feel free to place a small sheet of unbleached parchment paper between each cookie to prevent them from sticking together. The cookies will keep up to 2 months in the freezer. When you’re ready to enjoy, thaw on the counter for an hour or in the fridge overnight.
For More Dessert Recipes, Check Out:
I hope you love this almond flour chocolate chip cookie recipe as much as I do! Sign up for email updates to receive new recipes delivered to your inbox or check out my new cookbook Plant Power Bowls.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda. Add the coconut oil, vanilla extra, almond milk, maple syrup, and mix until smooth. Fold in the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips).
- Using a cookie scooper or a tablespoon, scoop the dough to form about 6 balls and place on the baking sheet. Gently flatten each to about a 1/2 inch thickness.
- Bake the cookies for 15 minutes, until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and let them sit on the baking sheet for about 3 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Enjoy or store at room temperate for later!