Enjoy this edible cookie dough recipe by the spoon! It’s simply delicious, paleo, gluten-free, and vegan. Made with a handful of ingredients, you will love this tasty and easy recipe that comes together in minutes!
I have loved cookie dough for as long as I can remember. Growing up, I wasn’t really a fan of chocolate ice cream, but I loved cookie dough ice cream. Over the past years, I’ve replaced my favorite sugary indulgence with this healthy just-as-awesome version of edible cookie dough.
This recipe is sweet, creamy, tasty delicious, and packed with flavor. In addition, it doesn’t contain any butter, flour, or eggs. Add it to your homemade ice creams, roll it up into bite-size balls, or enjoy it on its own. Above all, it comes together in minutes!
Is Cookie Dough Safe to Eat?
The most commonly cited reason to not eat raw cookie dough is the risk of salmonella from raw eggs. However, eggs are completely omitted from this recipe altogether, making this a delicious vegan recipe. The traditionally used all-purpose flour is replaced with blanched almond flour, which is made from nothing but ground nuts, so it can be enjoyed raw!
How Do you Make Cookie Dough without Eggs or Butter?
The star of the recipe is the addition of the almond milk. It binds the cookie dough together, eliminating the need for butter (or even oil)! And since you don’t need the eggs either, this cookie dough is safe to eat!
How to Make the Best Edible Cookie Dough
You need the following ingredients to make this cookie dough:
- Blanched almond flour – the light consistency of blanched almond flour allows it to absorb liquids evenly, giving you the best results.
- Maple syrup
- Almond milk
- Vanilla extra
- Chocolate chips or a chopped up bar of chocolate
Now it’s time to make edible cookie dough! In a medium-size bowl, combine the ingredients and stir until a dough is formed.
How to Enjoy this Edible Cookie Dough
There are three delicious ways to enjoy this cookie dough:
- Roll dough into mini bliss balls to enjoy as a snack! I just use a cookie dough scooper to divide the dough into equal parts and roll. It takes a few minutes!
- Similarly, enjoy dough straight out of the bowl with a spoon.
- Add dough to ice cream. Mix the chunks of cookie dough into your homemade ice cream.
How to Store
Now that you have made a couple of servings of edible cookie dough, store the leftovers in an air-tight glass container in the fridge for up to a week. However, I highly doubt it will last that long without you enjoying it! When you’re ready to enjoy it, just remove it from the fridge and enjoy by the spoon or any of the ways I mentioned above.
More Delicious Snacks & Sweets to Love
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Sign up for email updates to receive delicious, healthy recipes in your inbox or check out my new cookbook Plant Power Bowls. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!Print
This edible cookie dough recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy, paleo-friendly, gluten-free, and vegan. Made with a handful of ingredients, you will love this deliciously simple recipe.
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Stir until well combined.
Keywords: cookie dough, edible cookie dough, cookie dough recipe