Satisfy your craving for a cozy, warming soup with this creamy cauliflower soup. It comes together in 45 minutes and is loaded with veggies. This delicious soup is a perfect addition to any meal, or can be enjoyed alone, and made ahead of time!
This recipe was originally published on October 23, 2016. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures, commentary, and made even more delicious!
Quick & Easy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
If you love creamy soups but don’t care for the cream, you’re going to love this dairy-free cauliflower soup recipe. The added nutrition and fiber make it the perfect addition to your meal or delicious enough to enjoy alone as a light meal.
It’s smooth, creamy and a delicious match for the cooler seasons.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Simple ingredients. This simple cauliflower soup only calls for a few, whole ingredients.
- Loaded with veggies. Even if you’re not a big fan of cauliflower, you’ll be amazed by the delicious flavor created by blending it with garlic, onions, and other ingredients. All of the ingredients work together to make one creamy and delicious comforting soup.
- Creamy without the cream! Instead of using heavy cream, this soup calls for cashews as a delicious dairy-free alternative. If for any reason you prefer not to use cashews, you can skip them altogether. The soup will still be creamy and delicious, thanks to the cauliflower and onions.
- Freezer-friendly recipe. It’s easy to prepare in advance and store in the freezer for when you’re ready to enjoy it.
How to Make Cauliflower Soup
Cauliflower soup is so easy to make! Prepare the ingredients, saute, simmer, and blend.
- Sautee Garlic and Onion: start by warming up avocado oil in a large pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions are fragrant and start to appear translucent.
- Add Remaining Ingredients: Add the cauliflower and broth. Stir well and cover the pot.
- Simmer: Simmer on low heat for about 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Add Cashews + Blend: Rinse and drain the cashews. Add to the mixture and turn off the heat. Carefully transfer the cooked ingredients into a blender and puree until it’s smooth. Alternatively, use an immersion blender.
- Adjust Seasoning: Transfer back into the pot and adjust seasoning, if needed. While it’s now ready to serve, I like to warm it up a bit since the process of blending can cool down the soup.
How to Store Cauliflower Soup: Store in an airtight container for 3 days in the fridge.
Tips for Making the Best Cauliflower Soup
- Soak the Cashews Beforehand in clean, filtered water for about 30 minutes. Rinse well and drain before using them in the recipe. Soaking them will help blend the cashews easily.
- Use Vegetable Broth instead of Water: for added flavor, use vegetable broth or stock.
Can you freeze cauliflower soup?
Yes, store in the freezer for up to 3 months. I recommend dividing the soup into serving sizes so you can easily reheat it.
More Soup Recipes:
- Sweet Potato and Kale Soup
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Carrot and Potato Soup
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup
This creamy cauliflower soup is a delicious dairy-free staple any time of the year, but especially during the cooler months of the year. It’s velvety, smooth, comforting, so easy to make, and packed with flavor. The added nutrition and fiber make it the perfect addition to your meal or delicious enough to enjoy alone as a light meal.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 head of cauliflower, trimmed and cut into florets
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, preferably soaked for 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh herbs (thyme, cilantro, parsley, chives)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onions
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions and garlic and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cauliflower florets, vegetable broth, milk, and salt.
- Cover and simmer until the cauliflower florets are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the cashews. Add to the mixture and turn off heat.
- Carefully transfer the cooked ingredients into a blender and puree until it’s smooth and creamy. Alternatively, use an immersion blender to process until smooth.
- Transfer soup back into the pot and adjust seasoning, if needed. Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish, and serve.
Add more vegetable broth if the soup is too thick. You may need to adjust seasoning.
Keywords: creamy cauliflower soup