This delicious overnight oats recipe is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Made with rolled oats, almond milk, and maple syrup, it’s a tasty, portable, and a convenient breakfast you’ll enjoy.
Overnight oats are a “no cooking needed” version of oatmeal. Made by soaking rolled oats in almond milk (or any other kind of liquid), the absorption of the liquid makes the oats soft enough to eat. As a result, no cooking is needed.
This makes these oats an ideal candidate for a quick and easy breakfast in the morning. They are versatile and easily customizable. When you’re ready to enjoy them, you can top them with your favorite toppings.
Overnight Oats Ingredients
What makes this meal so appealing is just how versatile and easy it is to customize. There are endless combinations to add fruit, nuts, seeds, and more. To make this recipe, all you need is the following ingredients:
- Old-fashioned Rolled Oats: Compared to steel-cut oats, old-fashioned rolled oats don’t require any cooking when making overnight oats. Here’s a separate recipe for steel cut oats in case you don’t have rolled oats.
- Almond milk: Any plant milk works for this recipe, however, it may slightly change the consistency. If you can’t have nuts, oat milk is another option.
- Sea salt: Salt brings out the flavor in any dish, including these oats.
- Seeds: For a boost in superfoods, chia seeds and hemp seeds are included in this recipe. If you don’t have them, you can omit them completely.
- Cinnamon: For flavor and natural sweetness.
- Vanilla extract (optional): For flavor. If you’re using store-bought vanilla milk, omit this completely.
- Sweetener of choice (optional): There are many options here, including maple syrup, honey, chopped dates, or mashed up banana.
How to Make Overnight Oats
Once you have all of your ingredients, it takes a few minutes to prep the oats:
- Pour ingredients in a jar: In a jar or bowl, add the rolled oats, chia seed, hemp seeds, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, sweetener. Pour almond milk.
- Stir and cover: Stir the ingredients until they are well combined and cover.
- Refrigerate overnight: Let the oats sit in the refrigerator all night. In the morning, give the oats a stir, add additional toppings, and enjoy!
Tips on Making the Best Overnight Oats
- Warm up the oats in the morning during the cooler seasons for a warm breakfast.
- For an extra boost of protein, add Greek yogurt or a scoop of protein powder. Note that the type of powder you use will change the taste and texture, so start with half of a serving and see if you enjoy the taste.
- For extra creaminess, add nut butter such as almond butter, cashew butter, or mixed nut butter.
- Naturally, sweeten your oats with chopped dates or fresh fruit. Stir into the oats or add the morning after when you’re ready to enjoy.
- Store the oats in an air-tight glass jar or container for up to 5 days. This will make it easy to take it on the go, prevent spills, and make them last longer in the fridge.
If you’re looking to for an easy, make-ahead breakfast to make your mornings easier and more efficient, add these delicious oats to your weekly menu plan.
For More Breakfast Recipes, Check Out:
- Overnight Steel Cut Oats
- Instant Pot Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Blueberry Granola Yogurt Bowl
- Baked Sweet Potato with Almond Butter
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
This delicious overnight oats recipe is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. Made with oats, almond milk, and maple syrup, it’s a tasty, portable breakfast you’ll enjoy.
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon almond butter
- In a bowl or glass container, combine the oats, almond milk, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sweetener, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix again after a few minutes to prevent the chia seeds from clumping together.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- To serve, top with fresh blueberries and nut butter.
Keywords: overnight oats recipe