Wake up to this refreshing raspberry smoothie. Made with 5 simple ingredients, this recipe comes together in less than 5 minutes and is so easy to make. Perfect for an on-the-go drink or afternoon snack.
Make the best raspberry smoothie in minutes with this simple and delicious combination. It requires only 5 ingredients, all of which can be customized to suit your lifestyle and diet. It’s thick and creamy and makes the perfect refreshing treat.
Ingredients you’ll need
To get started, you’ll need the following 5 ingredients:
- Raspberries: I used fresh raspberries in this recipe, but frozen will work as well.
- Banana: The banana will naturally add sweetness and thicken the smoothie. Ripe bananas work best.
- Yogurt: The yogurt adds tanginess and protein. I used Greek yogurt in this recipe but if you’d prefer a vegan option, I suggest using a coconut or almond milk yogurt.
- Milk: I used almond milk but any kind of milk works just as well, such as regular dairy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or coconut milk. Note that adding coconut milk will change the flavor.
- Honey or maple syrup: This is optional and can be omitted. You can also use another type of sweetener but may just need to adjust the amount.
- A cup of ice: Skip the ice if you’re using frozen raspberries and banana as that will thicken and cool the smoothie.
How to make a raspberry smoothie
I love how simple smoothies are to make. Once you have the ingredients, combine them in the blender. Process until smooth and creamy.
If you’d like the smoothie to be thinner, add a little more liquid. If you’d like to add any additional ingredients, do so now. Otherwise, the smoothie is ready to be served and enjoyed.
Here are some optional ingredients that taste great in this smoothie:
- Seeds: Chia, hemp, or flax seeds.
- Protein powder: I usually add a plant-based protein powder when I’m making this smoothie for breakfast.
- Leafy greens: Adding a handful of spinach or kale is a great way to sneak in some greens early on in the day.
- Nut butter: Almond butter or peanut butter for a boost in fats.
Make ahead of time or store for later
If you’d like to prepare this smoothie ahead of time, I suggest preparing all of the ingredients the night before. Store the raspberries and sliced banana in the freezer and have the remaining ingredients ready to go in the fridge.
If you have any leftovers, store the smoothie in the fridge for a few hours in a glass jar. Be sure to stir well before serving as the ingredients may start to separate.
Tips for making the best raspberry smoothie
- Fresh ingredients: The quality of your ingredients makes a big difference in the flavor of the smoothie.
- High-speed blender: For the smoothest results, use a high-speed blender. If you have a standard blender, blend a little longer for a smoother texture.
- Serve immediately: This smoothie is best when enjoyed immediately.
More smoothie recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Kale Pineapple Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup milk, (I used almond milk)
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey, or maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup ice
- Combine ingredients in the blender. Process until smooth and creamy.