Learn how to make the best Sauteed Brussels Sprouts that are perfectly golden, caramelized, and crispy on the edges, and tender on the inside. The perfect side dish to round out your dinner.
Brussels sprouts — most people either hate them or love them. I’d like to say I was part of the former group until I learned how to cook them the right way.
These sauteed brussels sprouts are delicious, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. And they only take 20 minutes to make on your stovetop!
Ingredients You’ll Need
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Brussels sprouts: wash sprouts to remove any dirt
- Oil: I use avocado oil
- Garlic: minced or crushed
- Seasoning: salt and pepper, to taste
- Balsamic vinegar: if you don’t have balsamic vinegar on hand, try using lemon juice instead.
How to Make Sautéed Brussels Sprout
1. Warm Oil and Add Brussels Sprouts: Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts. Try to get as many sprouts face-down on the pan as you can. Let them cook, undisturbed, for 8 minutes.
2. Season and Continue Cooking: Add salt and pepper and stir the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking until the brussels sprouts are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add Balsamic Vinegar: Turn off heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stir, and adjust seasoning, if needed.
Tips & Suggestions
Store for Later: Let the sprouts cool completely and store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
How to Reheat: Warm sprouts on a skillet on medium heat. While you can microwave the Brussels sprouts, it can make them soggy.
Freeze: While I don’t recommend freezing cooked Brussels sprouts since they will get soggy when reheated, you can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to enjoy, use the instructions above to reheat.
More Delicious Side Dishes
- Roasted Radishes
- Vegan Collard Greens
- Vegan Sweet Potato Casserole
- Roasted Garlic Cauliflower
- Vegan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Did you make these Sauteed Brussels Sprouts? Leave a comment below to let us know how they turned out! Be sure to tag me on Instagram to show me your creation!
This recipe was originally published on October 28, 2016. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures, commentary, and made even more delicious!
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons oil, I use avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Warm oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and Brussels sprouts. Try to get as many sprouts face-down on the pan as you can. Let them cook, undisturbed, for 8 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and stir the Brussels sprouts. Continue cooking until the brussels sprouts are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off heat and drizzle with balsamic vinegar, stir, and adjust seasoning, if needed.