Oven roasted radishes are delicious, simple, and so easy to make. Made with seasonal radishes, avocado oil, fresh herbs, and tangy lemon juice, add this vegan and
Have you ever cooked your radishes before? If not, you’re going to be blown away with just how
While fresh radishes can taste a little sharp, peppery and have that crispy and crunchy texture, roasting them makes them taste milder, juicy, and brings out their natural sweetness.
These radishes are perfect for Spring and make for an easy side dish. They can even be swapped out for potatoes (although I love potatoes!)
When and How to Buy Radishes
While radishes are available in grocery stores all year long, they are at their peak in the Spring. Their vibrant pink hue makes them a perfect addition to any Easter table, whether you enjoy them raw or cooked.
When trying to pick our radishes, be sure to look for ones with their leaves still attached. The radishes should feel firm and plump to the touch. Try to avoid radishes with wilted leaves.
As soon as you get home, chop off the greens so they don’t pull moisture from the crispy radishes. You can also cook the greens of the radish or enjoy them raw in a salad! I only do this when I purchase them from a farmers market.
These days you can find radishes in almost any supermarket, but I personally love picking them up at my local farmers market in the Spring because they are so fresh.
Either way, be sure to rinse them well before getting started.
How to Make Roasted Radishes
What I love about this recipe is how simple it is to make. It comes together quickly.
1. Preheat oven: Preheat your oven at 425°F.
2. Prepare radishes: After you’ve rinsed and dried the radishes, cut off the green tops. You do not need to peel them. Slice each radish in half. If it’s on the larger size, slice each half to make smaller pieces.
3. Season: In a medium bowl, toss the radishes with avocado oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder or minced garlic. Lay the pieces in a single layer on your baking dish.
4. Roast: Roast the radishes for about 25-30 minutes, stirring them occasionally.
5. Remove from the oven: Remove the roasted radishes from the oven and make sure they are cooked through to your preference. Depending on the size of the radishes, I may leave them in the oven for 10 more minutes. You want them to be crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.
6. Garnish and serve: Transfer them to your serving dish and sprinkle with fresh minced parsley and drizzle with lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Ways to Enjoy Roasted Radishes
Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy these oven-roasted radishes:
- Enjoy them as a side dish to any meal.
- Toss them to any salad! I love adding them to a simple salad drizzled with a lemon vinaigrette or balsamic vinaigrette.
- Add them to pasta. Elevate your pasta with an extra serving of veggies with these roasted radishes.
Storage + Reheating
Whether you are making them as part of your weekly meal prep or just want to save leftovers for later, be sure to let them cool down completely before storing them.
Once cooled down, store them in an air-tight glass container, preferably, for up to 3 days in the fridge.
Once you’re ready to enjoy them again, you can reheat them on a skillet.
More Delicious Side Dishes
If you enjoyed these roasted radishes and are looking for more sides, try these out:
- Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
- Citrus Avocado Salad
- Vegan Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Vegan Collard Greens
- Instant Pot Cabbage
I hope you love this Roasted Radishes recipe as much as I do! Sign up for email updates to get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!Print
While fresh radishes taste a little sharp, spicy and have a crispy texture, oven roasted radishes taste milder, juicier, and brings out their natural sweetness. These roasted radishes are perfect for Spring and make for an easy side dish.
- 2 bunches radishes
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 lemon, juiced
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat over to 425°F.
- Prepare the radishes, Trim the ends off each radish. Slice each radish in half. If it’s on the larger size, slice each half.
- In a medium bowl or the pan you’ll be roasting them in, toss with salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Roast them in the oven for about 25 minutes until crispy on the exterior.
- Remove them from the oven and make sure they are cooked through to your preference. Sprinkle with fresh minced parsley and lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an air-tight glass container. I like these ones!
Keywords: roasted radishes, baked radishes, vegan roasted radishes