This quick and easy apple spinach salad is made with fresh spinach, slices of apple, pomegranate seeds, red onion, and pecans. All drizzled with a homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It only takes around 5-10 minutes to make and serves as a delicious seasonal salad.
If you’re looking for delicious salad ideas this holiday season, I’ve got your back. I made this by apple spinach salad with fresh greens, slices of crispy apple, juicy pomegranate seed, savory red onion, and pecans.
While this salad serves as a great light side salad, I find myself eating this for breakfast sometimes or adding some quinoa and calling it lunch.
It’s a savory and sweet refreshing salad, the perfect counterpart to all the heavy deliciousness that comes with the holiday season.
How to Make an Apple Spinach Salad
This apple spinach salad is simple and tasty. It comes together in a matter of minutes.
1. Prepare the dressing: Extra-virgin olive oil combined with a splash of balsamic vinegar, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper is not only simple but also compliments a majority of everyday salads.
2. Prepare the salad ingredients: Once the dressing is ready to go, prep the ingredients for the salad. Be sure to wash the spinach and use only organic greens.
3. Prepare the salad: Once the ingredients are prepped, combine them in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently until all the ingredients are well coated. Adjust seasoning and serve.
The Perfect Salad for the Holiday Season
Speaking of the holidays, I hope you’re all excited about it as much as I am. Growing up in an Indian household, we never really celebrated Thanksgiving or Christmas.
However, once I moved to the east coast, some of my friends would invite me to spend the holiday with their families. I loved how family and friends would all come together, bake and cook amazing meals, and give thanks for what we call life.
The food was always so delicious, and even though I was a vegetarian, I’d find a plethora of options with all of the delicious salads, sides, pies, and appetizers.
This salad is not only appealing to the eyes but also delicious. The pomegranate jewels add crisp and flavor with every bit while the greens doing their work.
More Salad Recipes
For more delicious salad recipes, check out these:
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Citrus Avocado Salad
- Arugula Persimmon Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
This recipe was originally published on November 15, 2016. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures, commentary, and made even more delicious!
- 4 cups spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 apple, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- Prepare the salad ingredients and add them to a mixing bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Serve immediately and enjoy.