A delicious Fall-inspired arugula persimmon salad with all of the colorful parts of the season combined into one tasty salad. Refreshing, easy, and full of flavor!
One of my most favorite parts of Fall is watching persimmons pop up in all of the grocery stores I frequent. I found this fruit a few years ago after moving to Seattle.
Let's just take it was love at first bite. If you haven't tried persimmon yet, this is the best time of the year to change that as they are in season from October to February!
Ingredients you'll need
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this salad:
- Arugula: be sure to rinse the arugula and dry well. I like to use a salad spinner to dry my greens
- Persimmon: peeled and sliced
- Pomegranate: if you don't have a pomegranate, dried cranberries also taste great in this salad
- Walnuts: roughly chop the walnuts
- Pepitas: also known as pumpkin seeds
- Extra virgin olive oil: this will be used for the dressing
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper: to taste
How to make an arugula salad
Once you've prepared the ingredients, this salad comes together in a matter of minutes.
1. Prepare the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the salad.
2. Combine salad ingredients: in a large bowl, add arugula, pomegranate arils, slices of persimmon, walnuts, and pepitas.
3. Add dressing: drizzle the dressing over the salad ingredients and toss gently until well coated. Serve immediately.
Prepare ahead of time
This salad can be made ahead of time. Just be sure not to add the dressing until you're ready to serve the salad.
Another way to save time is by preparing each individual ingredients ahead of time. For example, I'll peel and slice a few persimmons beforehand or deseed an entire pomegranate. Then I store each ingredient separately so I can use them in other meals or enjoy as snacks.
- Soup: Cauliflower soup or sweet potato and kale soup pair well with this salad.
- Collard Greens: Another quick and easy side dish to add some more greens to your meal
- Sweet potatoes: Enjoy with a side of mashed sweet potatoes or a sweet potato casserole
- Cauliflower: Enjoy with a side of garlic roasted cauliflower
More vegetarian salad recipes
- Strawberry Arugula Salad
- Kale Citrus Salad
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Citrus Avocado Salad
- Apple Spinach Salad
I hope you love this arugula persimmon salad recipe as much as I do! Sign up for my email updates to get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!
Editor's note: This recipe was originally published on October 5, 2017. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures, commentary, and made even more delicious!
- 4 cups arugula, rinsed and dried
- 1 persimmon, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas, pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the arugula, pomegranate seeds, persimmons, walnuts, and pepita. Drizzle with dressing and toss. Serve.