A vibrant, beautiful, and simple to make salad! This citrus avocado salad is not only gorgeous but also exploding with flavor and seasonal fruit, healthy fats, and lots of goodness. Made with a mix of citrus fruit, creamy avocado, crunchy pistachio, and fresh mint leaves, this refreshing salad comes together in minutes!
A Delicious Combination of Flavor
I’ve been obsessed with citrus fruit this season, especially
How to Make the Perfect Citrus Avocado Salad
While this salad is pretty easy to make, I love to add a little attention to the details on this one. Here are some tips on how to make the perfect salad:
- When picking an avocado, make sure you can gently press into the stem end of the avocado. This is how you know it’s perfectly ripened. If it’s firm, it’s not ready to be enjoyed.
- Use a variety of fresh citrus fruit. Since the citrus is the star of the fruit, be sure to use at least a couple different fruits for a flavor and variety. My personal favorite is blood orange,
cara caraorange, or grapefruit.
- Fresh mint makes a difference
Elevate and Customize the Flavor
What I love most about this salad is just how simple it truly is with a handful of ingredients. But there are so many ways you can customize it and elevate the flavor. Here are some of my favorites:
- Roasted beet – roast some beets, slice them up (, and add them to the mix. Prep them in advance or day of. And if you don’t have a desire to roast beets but still want to enjoy them, most grocery stores carry freshly roasted beets these days!
- Roasted Nuts – while I made this salad with roasted pistachios, roasted chopped or sliced almonds or hazelnuts taste just as great when you’re in a pinch!
- Fresh greens – you just can’t go wrong with a handful or two of fresh greens. I love massaged kale (thinly sliced kale massaged with extra-virgin olive oil for a minute until tender and shiny).
- Fresh herbs – while I use fresh mint in this recipe, fresh basil, tastes delicious as well!
- Add more veggies – thinly sliced red onion adds a delicious flavor to this salad. Sliced cucumber makes for another refreshing addition.
- Dressing – while this salad calls for a delicious and tangy lemon vinaigrette, I also enjoy eating this salad with a balsamic vinaigrette!
- Goat cheese – if you’re vegan, skip this one! If you do eat cheese, fresh goat cheese makes a delicious and adds a savory flavor to this salad.
More Delicious Salads to Try
If you enjoyed this salad, you’ll also love these:Print
A vibrant, beautiful, and simple to make salad! This avocado and citrus salad is not only gorgeous but also exploding with flavor and seasonal fruit, healthy fats, and lots of goodness. Made with a mix of citrus fruit, creamy avocado, crunchy pistachio, and fresh mint leaves, this refreshing salad comes together in minutes!
- 1 blood orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 cara cara orange, peeled and sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted pistachio
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup lemon vinaigrette
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients. On a plate or bowl, place the pieces of citrus fruit and avocado. Sprinkle with pistachio. Drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. Gently combine or enjoy as is.
Keywords: avocado citrus salad, citrus avocado salad, avocado and citrus salad