These cauliflower tacos will take taco night to the next level. Made with delicious garlicky roasted cauliflower, fresh greens, delicious red cabbage, and a creamy cashew sauce, these mouthwatering cauliflower tacos are filling, tasty, spicy, and make the perfect lunch or dinner!
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that many of my bowls are packed with cauliflower. It’s one of the most versatile ingredients. I love adding cauliflower to my smoothies, swapping it for rice when I need an extra serving of veggies, and so much more. I like to roast, sautee, steam, and pretty much cook it in every way I possibly can and know how to.
Cauliflower Tacos, the Perfect Match
Needless to say, combining cauliflower with one of my favorite meals, tacos (I mean, who doesn’t love tacos?!) made absolute sense. These cauliflower tacos are easy to customize based on the vegetables you have sitting in your fridge so feel free to modify!
How to Make the Best Cauliflower Tacos
These tacos come together easily and make for a delicious weeknight dinner. If you prepare the cauliflower in advance, you’ll save even more time when it’s time to enjoy them.
- First, roast the cauliflower. After thoroughly washing the cauliflower, dry completely and cut it into bite-size florets. Toss in a bowl with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Lay flat on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes at 450°F, flipping halfway.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, prepare the cabbage slaw for some crunch. Be sure to thinly slice the cabbage so it’s easy to enjoy. In a bowl, combine with oil, lemon juice, and salt. Massage gently for a few minutes until it’s softer and more vibrant.
- Prepare the cashew sauce. In a blender, combine the cashews, water, lime juice, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients and once the cauliflower is roasted, it’s time to make the tacos.
- In each taco, layer the greens, roasted cauliflower, cabbage slaw, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro. Drizzle with cashew sauce. Serve and enjoy immediately.
If you’re planning to enjoy the tacos later, store everything separately. When it’s time to eat, you’ll just need to assemble the tacos.
Customize your Cauliflower Tacos
Tacos make such a great meal because they are so easy to customize. They never get boring because you can do so much with them, even in the same meal. Here are some of my favorite ways to elevate these tacos:
- Add black beans or lentils for a boost in protein and make them even more filling.
- Use quick-pickled cabbage instead for added taste! Be sure to make the cabbage ahead of time.
- Swap out the slices of avocado with guacamole! If you love guacamole, you know how delicious a little dollop can take on tacos (or really anything).
- Use broccoli and cauliflower instead of just cauliflower for more variety in vegetables. If you enjoy broccoli, the two make a lovely duo in tacos!
- Add more toppings or mix them up! Depending on what you have in hand, the possibilities are truly endless. I love adding pico de gallo!
- Change the sauce! I especially love the Avocado Lime dressing with these cauliflower tacos.
Other Tacos Recipes to Love:
For More Cauliflower Recipes, Check out:
- Cauliflower Tikka Masala
- Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
- Cauliflower Potato Buddha Bowl
These cauliflower tacos will take your next taco night to the next level. Made with delicious garlicky roasted cauliflower, fresh greens, delicious red cabbage, and a creamy cashew sauce, these mouthwatering cauliflower tacos are filling, tasty, spicy, and make the perfect lunch or dinner!
- 4 cups of cauliflower florets
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 minced garlic clove)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt, to taste
Spicy Cashew Sauce
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked for 30 mins and rinsed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Additional Taco Ingredients
- 2 cups of greens
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup queso fresco cheese, crumbled (optional, skip for vegan-friendly)
- 1 avocado
- A pack of tortillas
- Preheat over to 450°F.
- Prep the cauliflower. Add the florets to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss the florets until their fully coated and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Roast in the oven 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Prepare the cabbage slaw. In a bowl, combine with oil, lemon juice, and salt. Massage gently for a couple of minutes until it’s tender.
- Prepare the cashew sauce. In a blender, combine the cashews, water, lime juice, paprika, cayenne, and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Adjust seasoning, if needed.
- Make the tacos. Fill each taco with fresh greens, cabbage slaw, roasted cauliflower, cheese, jalapeno, and cilantro. Drizzle with spicy cashew sauce and serve.
Keywords: tacos, cauliflower tacos, roasted cauliflower tacos
This post was originally published on April 15, 2019, updated June 23, 2019 with new photos and a rewritten post. Slight changes were made to the recipe – it’s still just as tasty as it’s always been!