This pico de gallo comes together in minutes and is packed with fresh tomatoes, onion, jalapeños, and fresh herbs. Perfect to scoop up with tortilla chips or add to your tacos, burritos, and bowls!
Fresh tomatoes are mixed with onion and tossed in fresh herbs and lime juice to create a mouthwatering Mexican salsa. This pico de gallo is fresh, flavorful, and only takes 10 minutes to prepare. It’s perfect to scoop up with crispy tortilla chips or serve in tacos and bowls.
Ingredients you'll need
Detailed ingredient measurements, instructions, and notes can be found on the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
To get started, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Tomato: Use fresh Roma tomatoes.
- White onion: To add flavor, be sure to cut the onion so the pieces are similar in size to the tomatoes.
- Cilantro: To add flavor. Adjust the amount based on your preference or omit completely.
- Jalapeno: Heat is added with fresh jalapeno, but be sure to remove the seeds otherwise, the salsa may end up too spicy.
- Lime juice: Add flavor and tanginess to the salsa. Be sure to start with a smaller amount and add more as needed.
- Salt: To add flavor.
How to make pico de gallo
Making homemade pico de gallo is so easy and you don’t need any equipment besides a sharp knife and a cutting board.
1. Combine ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. You can control the amount of heat by using less or more jalapeno.
2. Add lime juice and salt: Toss with lime juice and salt. Start with half and add more as needed.
3. Serve or store for later: Enjoy with tortilla chips, on tacos, burritos, and bowls. Or store for later in the fridge.
More easy Mexican recipes
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do. Sign up for my email updates to get delicious recipes delivered straight to your inbox. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook.
Editor’s note: This recipe was originally published on April 20, 2020. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures and more details to help you make the recipe.
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup white onion, diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- ½ lime, juiced, more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Combine ingredients: In a medium-sized bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. You can control the amount of heat by using less or more jalapeño.
- Add lime juice and salt: Toss with lime juice and salt. Start with half and add more as needed.
- Serve or store for later: Enjoy with tortilla chips, on tacos, burritos, and bowls. Or store for later in the fridge.
Leave a Reply