Skip the line at the coffee shop and make your own iced vanilla latte in minutes for a fraction of the cost with this simple and quick 3-ingredient recipe. It’s refreshing and delicious, ready to go or enjoy at home.
While I usually prefer an iced matcha latte over coffee on most days, I recently started enjoying coffee this past year and have come to appreciate a refreshing beverage once in a while.
Making coffee at home gives me the power to choose which beans I use and what other ingredients I add to my drink. That’s why I’m so excited to share this easy-to-make and so-much-cheaper-than-a-coffee-shop iced vanilla latte with you today.
Iced vanilla latte
There’s so much to love about this recipe:
- Refreshing and delicious
- Simple and so easy to make
- It uses clean ingredients, no extra-sugary syrups
- It’s made with plant-based milk instead of dairy
Ingredients you’ll need
To get started, all you need are the following things:
- Espresso: If you have an espresso machine, you’re set. If you have an espresso machine and are still trying to learn how to use it, there are some great resources out there on how to pull the perfect shot.
- Milk: While I normally use almond milk or coconut milk, regular dairy milk, cashew milk, oat milk, or any other plant-based milk works great.
- Vanilla extract: This will give the beverage the smooth vanilla flavor without adding any sugary syrups.
- Sweetener: I use maple syrup to sweeten my beverages or omit completely.
- Ice cubes: A handful of ice cubes will turn your vanilla latte into a refreshing morning beverage for the warmer months (I use a silicone tray to make square ice cubes).
How to make an iced vanilla latte
2. Pour milk over ice: Add the vanilla extra and stir. If you’re using sweetener, add it now. Many recipes just have you pour the shot of espresso first and then add the milk, but I love the swirly effect you get when you pour a shot of espresso into milk.
3. Pour espresso: I prefer using organic, medium roast espresso beans. Keep your glass of milk nearby so you can pour the shot into the glass immediately.
4. Mix and serve: I prefer drinking my latte with a glass straw.
What do you do when you don’t have an espresso machine?
If you don’t have an espresso machine, use brewed coffee instead. I prefer to use about 1/2 cup of double-strength brewed coffee and cool it down in the fridge before making the latte.
Iced coffee vs iced vanilla latte vs iced Americano
With so many coffee beverages, it can get a little confusing when trying to figure out the differences between some of the popular iced drinks. Here’s a quick breakdown:
- Coffee: brewed coffee, poured over ice
- Americano: espresso mixed in water, poured over ice
- Vanilla latte: espresso mixed with milk, poured over ice
More easy drink recipes
I hope you love this refreshing recipe as much as I do. Sign up for email updates to receive more delicious recipes right in your inbox or check out my new cookbook Plant Power Bowls. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, or Facebook.
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour milk over ice. Add the vanilla extra and stir. If you’re using sweetener, add it now.
- Pour a shot of espresso into the milk.
- Using a straw or spoon, mix the iced vanilla latte. Serve and enjoy.