This vegan matcha latte is made with almond milk, ceremonial matcha, and the option to add sweetener. It takes only a few minutes to make and requires no whisk!
After sharing my iced matcha latte recipe, I received a few questions about the easiest way to make the “hot” version.
This latte is the perfect drink to make and take along with you for that morning commute or just make during the day when you want quick boost.
How to make a matcha latte
While there are multiple ways of making matcha, including the traditional way of using a whisk, I like to use my blender for days when I’m in a hurry. No whisking or milk frothing required. Here is what you need:
- Ceremonial matcha: The quality of your matcha will affect the taste of your latte.
- Almond milk: Use milk of choice, including cashew milk or oat milk.
- Sweetener: A drizzle of maple syrup or honey tastes delicious!
Making the matcha using this method is simple and takes only a few minutes!
- Warm up the milk: Be sure the milk is not warmer than 175F/80C or else it will burn your matcha green tea and create a bitter taste.
- Prepare matcha: Combine the desired amount of matcha green tea and hot milk into a blender. If you’d like to add sweetener, do so now. Place the lid on the blender and carefully blend the drink until it’s smooth and frothy (about 20 seconds).
- Serve: Pour into your favorite mug.
That’s it! If I’m on the go, I’ll pour the matcha latte in my favorite insulated tumbler so it stays warm for hours. Otherwise, I pour it in my favorite mug and get back to my day! I also love to top my latte with a sprinkle of dried rose petals!
Top tips and suggestions
- It's safe to drink matcha on a daily basis, but suggested to limit it to 1-2 servings per day.
- Due to its caffeine content, it's best to drink matcha in the morning or early afternoon so it doesn't disrupt your sleep! The caffeine stays the bloodstream for up to 5 hours.
- Avoid drinking matcha on an empty stomach as it could possibly upset your stomach
More easy drink recipes
I hope you love this matcha latte recipe as much as I do! Sign up for email updates to receive new recipes delivered to your inbox or check out my new cookbook Plant Power Bowls.
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea
- 1 cup almond milk
- sweetener, optional, as needed
- Warm up the nut milk to your desired temperature. Make sure it’s not any warmer than 175F/80C or else it will burn your matcha and create a bitter taste (which won’t taste good!).
- Combine the desired amount of matcha green tea and hot milk into a blender. If you’d like to add sweetener, do so now. Place the lid on the blender and carefully blend the drink until it’s smooth and frothy (about 20 seconds).
- Pour into your favorite mug.
Had no idea it was so easy to make my own matcha lattes. So yummy!
Sapana Chandra says
I hope you enjoy them!
I made this today and it turned out perfectly! So frothy and beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Sapana Chandra says
So glad to hear! Enjoy!