Kick off your mornings with this tasty strawberry ginger smoothie. Made with only 5 simple ingredients, this smoothie is perfect for busy mornings or an afternoon snack.
The Perfect “Starter” Smoothie
If you’re looking for a good “starter” smoothie (a.k.a. you’d like to add more smoothies into your diet but you’re just not ready for all the greens and seeds), this strawberry ginger smoothie is for you!
This smoothie is perfect for busy mornings as it takes only a few minutes to make. Moreso, it stores well for later as an afternoon snack. The fresh ginger gives it a unique flavor which complements the strawberries, the lime juice adds a little tanginess, and the coconut milk gives it a sweet, summer tropical vibe.
You’re going to love it!
How to Make a Healthy Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
To make this smoothie, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- Strawberries: Use fresh or frozen strawberries. If using frozen, you may want to let them thaw slightly so it’s easier to blend.
- Coconut milk: For creaminess and a tropical flavor.
- Medjool dates: For sweetness. Be sure to soak these in water for about 15 minutes to help them soften and blend easier.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice for flavor and tanginess.
- Ginger: Preferably fresh ginger for a little extra zing which complements the sweetness of strawberries! If you only have ground ginger, use a pinch of it or omit completely.
- Water and ice: Depending on how thick you want your smoothie, you and adjust these amounts.
Once you have all of the ingredients, combine them in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Serve the strawberry ginger smoothie or store in a portable tumbler (or an air-tight glass bottle) for later.
Tips for making a Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
This smoothie is easy to make, however, there are a few tips to save time and customize your smoothie:
- Use full-fat coconut milk: For a creamier smoothie, use full-fat coconut milk instead of light coconut milk.
- Save time in the morning: An easy way to save time in the morning is to prep the ingredients beforehand and store them in the freezer. In the morning, combine them in the blender with the coconut milk, water, and ice!
- Boost the protein: Make this a more filling smoothie by adding a scoop of protein powder. Many powders are already sweetened so you may skip the dates altogether.
For More Smoothie Recipes, Check Out:
- Tropical Matcha Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Morning Green Smoothie
- Zucchini Cacao Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
Did you make this strawberry ginger smoothie recipe? Leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Save this smoothie recipe for later by pinning to your favorite smoothie Pinterest board and make sure to tag me on Real + Vibrant’s Instagram to show me your smoothie!Print
Kick off your mornings with this strawberry ginger smoothie. Made with only 5 simple ingredients, this smoothie is tasty, delicious, and so easy to make!
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 pitted Medjool dates
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger
- Handful of ice
- In a high-speed blender, combine all of the smoothie ingredients.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Enjoy immediately.
Keywords: strawberry ginger smoothie
This recipe was originally published on October 21, 2016. Since then, it’s been freshened up with new pictures, commentary, and made even more delicious!