The pineapple coconut smoothie is a simple and delicious smoothie made from pineapple, coconut milk, hemp seeds, and coconut water. This recipe is creamy, filling, and a refreshing way to kick off the day or give you an afternoon boost.
Smoothies are one of my favorite ways of sneaking in plenty of fruits and veggies into my diet throughout the day. Whether it’s a strawberry banana smoothie or a blueberry coconut smoothie, the options are endless. I’m excited to add this tropical smoothie to the collection as it’s refreshing, simple, and perfect for summer!
How to Make a Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Soak the Medjool dates: This is especially important if you don’t have a high-speed blender as it will make them blend easier.
- Add ingredients to blender: Add the pineapple, hemp seeds, coconut water, coconut milk, dates, and ice.
- Blend until smooth and creamy: Depending on the type of blender you have, this may take 30 seconds to a minute.
- Serve: Enjoy immediately or store in an air-tight glass jar for later in the fridge.
Pineapple Coconut Smoothie: Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pineapple: Fresh pineapple is best but if you prefer a thicker smoothie consistency, it’s best to use frozen pineapple.
- Coconut water: If you don’t have coconut water on hand, you can always use water.
- Full-fat coconut milk: Full-fat coconut milk will make this smoothie filling, however, if you prefer a lighter smoothie, substitute with light coconut milk.
- Shelled hemp seeds: Also known as hemp hearts
- Medjool dates: Dates should preferably be soaked for 30 minutes in warm water. This makes it easier to blend them, especially if you don’t have a high-speed blender. Alternatively, this smoothie can be sweetened with honey or maple syrup or omitted completely.
Tips for Making the Best Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Save time: Buy pre-cut pineapple from the frozen section of the grocery store to save time. I like to chop up fresh pineapple and freeze it for later!
- Add a superfood: For even more nutrition, add a serving of chia seeds to this smoothie.
- Make a thicker smoothie: The easiest way of making a thicker smoothie is by using frozen ingredients.
For More Smoothie Recipes, Check Out:
- Tropical Matcha Smoothie
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Power Breakfast Smoothie
- Morning Green Smoothie
- Zucchini Cacao Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
Did you make this pineapple coconut smoothie recipe? Leave a comment below and rate the recipe to let us know how it turned out! Save this smoothie recipe for later by pinning to your favorite smoothie Pinterest board and make sure to tag me on Real + Vibrant’s Instagram to show me your creation!Print
The pineapple coconut smoothie is a simple and delicious smoothie made from pineapple, coconut milk, hemp seeds, and coconut water. It’s creamy, filling, and a refreshing way to kick off the day or give you an afternoon boost!
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Process until smooth and creamy. Adjust sweetness, if needed.
- Serve or store for later.
For a thicker smoothie, use frozen pineapple. I like to chop up fresh pineapple and freeze it for later!
If you don’t have a high-speed blender, blend for a little longer (about a minute) to get a creamy smooth consistency.
Keywords: pineapple coconut smoothie