This strawberry banana smoothie is a classic everyday healthy and delicious essential. It’s made with a handful of ingredients, including strawberries, banana, nut milk, and dairy-free yogurt. It takes less than a few minutes to make, making it the perfect on-the-go breakfast or kid-friendly snack!
When I first started my health journey, integrating smoothies into my diet was such an important part of my transition. It helped me get more comfortable with adding more veggies and fruits into my diet, especially during breakfast. Soon I was sharing smoothies on a regular basis on my Instagram account.
This strawberry banana smoothie was one of the first smoothies I started enjoying, well before all the green smoothies I love these days.
How to Make a Strawberry Banana Smoothie
The key to making a perfect smoothie is using high-quality ingredients. You need a handful of ingredients to make this strawberry banana smoothie. Everything else can be customized based on your dietary preferences and what’s in your kitchen.
- Strawberries – while you can use frozen strawberries, fresh strawberries taste even better. However, if you want that thick smoothie texture, stick to frozen. I like to buy fresh strawberries when they are in season and freeze them for my smoothies so I can skip the ice.
- Banana – I love to freeze a fresh banana the night before or a few at the beginning of the week. Bananas add creaminess into the smoothie and, again, avoid the need for ice.
- Yogurt – while you don’t need to use yogurt in this smoothie, it adds more creaminess. If you eat dairy, yogurt will give it a boost of protein as well.
- Nut Milk – I usually use almond milk but coconut milk or any other kind of nut milk works just as great. You could also make your own!
- Sweetener – I prefer to sweeten my smoothies with Medjool dates but use whatever works well for you, based on your dietary preferences. Honey is another great option!
Once you have all of the ingredients, combine them into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy. That’s it! Enjoy immediately or save for later.
Boost the Nutrition in your Smoothie
Here are some of my favorite ways to boost the nutrition level in this strawberry banana smoothie. I would suggest using one to two of these when you’re looking to add a little more to your smoothie!
- Chia seeds – for a boost in nutrients and antioxidants
- Nuts – walnuts are a great pick as you can barely taste their flavor
- Amond butter – for healthy fats and delicious flavor
- Hemp seeds – for a boost in protein and fiber
- Plant-based protein – for a boost of protein
- Coconut water – swap out the nut milk with coconut water. While this will change the flavor, add this to boost hydration
- Cauliflower – if you’re looking to add some veggies in here, cauliflower is a great choice. Add a few cauliflower florets and you won’t even notice it!
How to Store Your Smoothie for Later
If you have any leftovers, store them in the refrigerator for up to a day in an airtight glass container. Since this strawberry banana smoothie contains banana, I like to add a little lemon or lime juice to help prevent oxidation and from turning the smoothie into a brownish color. It also tastes much better when you finally enjoy it!
More Smoothies You’ll Love
- Morning Green Smoothie
- Tropical Ginger Matcha Smoothie
- Power Breakfast Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
- Pineapple Kale Smoothie
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! To get more easy healthy recipes delivered straight to your inbox, sign up for my email updates. You can also follow me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook!Print
This simple strawberry banana smoothie is a classic everyday essential. It’s made with a handful of ingredients, including strawberries, banana, nut milk, and dairy-free yogurt. It takes less than a few minutes to make, making it the perfect on-the-go breakfast or kid-friendly snack!
- 1 cup strawberries, preferably fresh
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup dairy-free coconut yogurt
- 1 cup almond milk (use 1/2 for a thicker consistency)
- 1–2 Medjool dates or 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- handful of ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
Keywords: strawberry banana smoothie, strawberry smoothie, vegan smoothie, dairy-free smoothie