A delicious and simple tropical matcha smoothie recipe, made with spinach, mango, matcha, and ginger. This energizing mix takes a few minutes to make, perfect for a busy summer morning!
Tropical Matcha Smoothie
This smoothie contains ad delicious mix of spinach, mango, hemp seeds, and almond milk. The minimal ingredients keep simple and delicious but also give it an energy boost with the added matcha green tea!
Finally, the addition of fresh ginger just takes it to the next level.
Note that you don’t need the ginger if that’s not your jam, but if it is, you’re going to LOVE it, especially when combined with the mango! Based on how sweet your mangos are, you may want to sweeten the smoothie with a date or two!
What You’ll Need
For this smoothie, you need the following ingredients:
Ceremonial Matcha: Quality matters when it comes to matcha green tea and will impact the overall taste!
Spinach: If you don’t have any spinach on hand, kale tastes great too!
Mango: Both fresh or frozen mango taste great in the smoothie
Almond milk: Homemade or store-bought. Coconut milk is another delicious option!
Ginger: Preferably fresh ginger for that extra zing! If you only have ground ginger, use a pinch of it or completely omit if you’re not a fan.
Shelled hemp seeds: Also known as hemp hearts
Medjool dates: Be sure to remove the pits and soak them in water for about 30 minutes, especially if you don’t have a high-speed blender.
Water and ice: Depending on how thick you want your smoothie, you and adjust these amounts.
How to Make a Tropical Matcha Smoothie – Step By Step
Once you have all of the ingredients, combine them in a blender. Process until smooth and creamy. Serve the matcha smoothie or store in a portable tumbler (or an air-tight glass bottle) for later.
Tips & Suggestions
- For extra tanginess, add juice from a lemon or lime.
- If you know you’re going to be in a hurry in the morning, prep the ingredients and store them in the freezer. In the morning, combine them in the blender with the milk, water, and ice!
- If you want a creamier smoothie, stick to frozen mango.
- Boost the protein level in your smoothie with a scoop or two of protein powder. Note that many powders are sweetened so you may want to skip the dates altogether.
More Green Smoothie Recipes
Other Smoothie Recipes
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie
- Power Breakfast Smoothie
- Pineapple Coconut Smoothie
- Strawberry Ginger Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
This post was originally published on February 22, 2018. Since then, it’s been updated with new photos and a rewritten post. Slight changes were made to the recipe – it’s still just as refreshing and delicious as it’s always been!
Tropical Matcha SmoothiePrint Pin Rate
- Combine all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender (or regular blender).
- Blend until smooth and creamy.